Tuesday, January 6, 2009

An Easy Way To Do Good

Perhaps with the Puritan heritage behind both Congregationalism and Baptist life, my ecclesial homes, I should be thinking about strenuous ways to do good and not easy ones. Nonetheless, there are three sites I would recommend to all who resolved to "do good" in 2009" or who should have resolved that:
1) the website family at - www.hungersite.com
2) www.redjellyfish.com
3) http://freerice.com

You will probably have to register an e-mail address at the first two, but I have been clicking on them for 5+ years and never had them use my e-mail in any bad way. I would hope that everyone who looks at this blog will start using them and encourage their friends to do so as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that people often don't do more because they are so busy in their everyday lives that doing good gets put on the backburner. It's not that they don't want to do good, they just forget with their busy lives.

People also don't realise how easy it is to help someone else out and make the world better a lot of the time (and there is no reason to make doing good strenous if it can be done easily). Sometimes all it takes is a smile, encouragement or a hug.