Thursday, December 11, 2008

Comment on Comments

On Monday, December 8, I posted a piece that dealt with President George Bush's interview with ABC News about his religious beliefs. My approach to the interview was not what the President believes, per se, as much as what the conservative Christian base of the GOP would think about the religious positions the President espoused.

Thus far, the only comment received on the post was from "Anonymous" [please read the comment] who suggested that I hate the President and then gave a White House type talking point perspective on what a great man and a great President he has been. If that is your view of the last 8 years, you have the right to that opinion and should express it in an appropriate venue.

The Pro-Bush talking points, however, had absolutely NO connection to the piece I posted or to the question I raised. That frustrates me. This is not the first time this has happened on my blog, but it will be the last. I do not mind people expressing a different viewpoint than I have, but it seems that you should, at least, express something that has some connection to what I have posted. Thus, all comments to this blog will be monitored, and I will choose to include or to refuse to include them as part of the on-going conversation.

No comments: