Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Revenge of the Cold

Winter has finally - and forcibly - come to the mountains of North Georgia. Rain had dominated for the last few days of 2007 - finally and thankfully. Today, though, was clear and cold. This morning's temperatures were in the teens with a 25-30 mph wind, and there was a slight dusting of snow on the ground. I realize that none of these conditions compare to what much of the country has experienced over the last several weeks and is experiencing now. Yet, for us, this is the first real taste of adverse weather.

As I walked to college, I wore my new scarf that Adam gave me as a Christmas present. It is a luxurious wine colored yarn, and, best of all, he knit it himself. At some point, when I have the technological capability, I shall post a picture.

It seems that our family will eventually all become knitters, or knit wits, due to the influence of Jill. Jill gave Vicki a book on the Zen of knitting as a way to encourage V to take up her needles and knit.

So, right now, V has everything she needs to produce something yarny. I cannot wait.

1 comment:

chitknit said...

I'm doing my best to spread the gospel of the yarn. Glad it got cold enough that you needed a scarf. I'll be sure to tell Adam.