Monday, December 24, 2007

Finding a Voice

I have often heard it said that prospective writers should "find their own voice." That seems so logical that it ought to be unnecessary advice. It also seems so easy to do -- I mean what other voice do you have but your own -- as to seem triply unnecessary. Some things, though, become oft given advice because of value.

I find that I face this very issue with the blog. It is not so much capturing "my own voice," but deciding what to include. Many blogs focus on the personal. I have never been a diarist. Frankly, I do not like the absolute transparency seen as life intersects with technology. There are some things I do not want to know about people, nor do I want them to know some things about me.

Or, should I do an issues only blog? If this is my choice, I have to decide what issues to address. Ah, well, this will likely be an on-going internal debate.

1 comment:

Keith Shuttlesworth said...

An internal debate or wrestling with yur wit. lol